Partimage Supported file systems:Name Description...
Partimage Supported file systems:
| Name | Description | State | | ext2fs/ext3fs | the linux standard | stable | | Reiser3 | a journalized and powerful file system | stable | | FAT16/32 | DOS and Windows file systems | stable | | HPFS | IBM OS/2 File System | stable | | JFS | Journalised File System, from IBM, used on Aix | stable | | XFS | another jounalized and efficient File System, from sgi, used on Irix | stable | | UFS | Unix File System | beta | | HFS | MacOS File System | beta | | NTFS | Windows NT, 2000 and XP | experimental |
other free software:
| Name | Package | Description | | ext2fs/ext3fs | e2image | e2image - Save critical ext2/ext3 filesystem metadata to a file e2image [ -rsI ] device image-file | | Reiser3 | | | | FAT16/32 | | | | HPFS | | | | JFS | | | | XFS | xfsdump | Administrative utilities for the XFS filesystem. The xfsdump package contains xfsdump, xfsrestore and a number of other administrative utilities for managing XFS filesystems. xfsdump examines files in a filesystem, determines which need to be backed up, and copies those files to a specified disk, tape or other storage medium. xfsrestore performs the inverse function of xfsdump; it can restore a full backup of a filesystem. | | UFS | | | | HFS | | | | NTFS | ntfsprogs | ntfsclone - Efficiently clone an NTFS filesystem or a part of it. |
Parted Supported file systems: 可以複製，但沒有儲存成image選項，支援copy的File system有 EXT2/3, FAT16/32, reiserfs, Swap
Supported operations \^ File system \^ detect \^ create \^ resize \^ copy \^ check \^ | ext2 | * | * | *1 | *2 | *3 | | ext3 | * | | *1 | *2 | *3 | | FAT16 | * | * | *4 | *4 | * | | FAT32 | * | * | * | * | * | | linux-swap | * | * | * | * | * | | HFS / HFS+ | * | | *1,5 | | | | JFS | * | | | | | | NTFS | * | | | | | | ReiserFS | * | *6 | *1,6 | *6 | *3,6 | | UFS | * | | | | | | XFS | * | | | | |
- The start of the partition must stay fixed.
- The partition you copy to must be bigger or exactly the same size as the partition you copy from.
- Limited checking is done when the file system is opened. This is the only checking at the moment. All commands (including resize) will gracefully fail, leaving the file system intact, if there are any errors.
- You can always shrink your partition. If you can't use FAT32 for some reason, you may not be able to grow your partition due to restrictions in cluster size.
- Parted can only shrink HFS and HFS+ filesystems.
- ReiserFS support is enabled if you install libreiserfs, available at http://www.namesys.com
Ghost Supported file systems: FAT16, FAT16X, FAT32, FAT32X, NTFS, Dynamic Disks, Linux® EXT2/3, and Linux Swap Partitions Acronis Supported file systems: FAT16/32, NTFS, Linux Ext2, Ext3, ReiserFS, XFS, JFS and Linux SWAP. Reference Norton Ghost 10.0 Acronis True Image 9.1 Server for Linux 系統需求
convert from Thomas blog post id 6 old convert log: ./103900/tag%3E2006%2007%20linux)
@2006 @07 @linux